Monday, August 18, 2008

On the lam from Walker, Texas Ranger

I’m a fugitive from Chuck Norris!

That’s right, as of a few days ago, I have the illustrious honor of having a warrant out for my arrest in the beautiful state of Texas. Which means, of course, that I might have Walker, Texas Ranger chasing me down for my crimes. What crimes, you might ask?
Why, the crime of speeding! At the beginning of our tour west, I got a speeding ticket in Texas. I assumed that I had slightly more time than I had and could pay it when I got back to New York. Incorrect- I had two weeks to pay it. My fault, I more than admit. However, the catch is that, in Texas, rather than giving you a late fee the first time you are late with a payment, they immediately put out a warrant for you. So, on this drive back to New York we will be avoiding driving through even the smallest portion of Texas.
It’s good to see the rusty wheels of Justice still spin quickly somewhere!

I’ll pay the ticket.

No comments: